The Great Indian Railway Atlas 3rd Edition
A detailed series of maps of one of the world’s largest railway systems, with accurate track alignments, up-to-date information on track status, facilities, etc.
Now with Free Domestic Shipping.
The Atlas, popular with railfans, travellers and map-lovers alike in India and abroad is now in it’s third edition (released October 2015), completely redrawn and revised. This Atlas has been conceived and painstakingly created by Samit Roychoudhury, a design professional and railfan.
Inside, you will find
- 94 pages of full colour maps, of 1 : 1,000,000 scale, referenced by a locator map.
- Accurate alignments and locations.
- Approximately 12,000 locations, including existing and closed stations, sidings, control locations etc indexed and with their respective station codes. Divisional and zonal headquarters identified.
- Almost every closed line and station depicted.
- A majority of sidings and industrial lines indicated.
- Tracks show gauge, whether single or double, electrification, etc. Metre and Narrow gauge in a separate colour for easy differentiation. Divisional jurisdiction shown using markings.
- Most works in progress including new lines, gauge conversions, electrification, including those under survey, etc.
- All Facilities such as Locomotive Sheds (electric, diesel and steam), EMU/DMU car-sheds, important Freight Yards, Goods Sheds, Container Terminals, Accident Relief Train locations marked.
- With approx. 23 detailed inset maps (mostly 5x scale) of complex areas.
- With 9 inset maps of the cities with Metro systems.
- Separate Narrow Gauge Map of Bengal.
- Glossary of name/spelling changes.
- Single spread At-a-Glance Map of entire system, showing the jurisdiction of the various zones. This page also contains a submap showing the extent of electric traction on the Indian Railways.
- A Railfan’s Map which has all locations with Railway Museums, Galleries, Heritage Parks, Railway locations under the UNESCO Word Heritage Site, as well as plinthed and preserved locomotives.
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Alignment marked.
Availability: 47 in stock