Great Indian Railway Atlas – 4th Edition
This website has resumed accepting Orders
A detailed series of maps of one of the world’s largest railway systems, with accurate track alignments, up-to-date information on track status, facilities, etc.
The Atlas, popular with railfans, travellers and map-lovers alike in India and abroad is now in it’s fourth edition (released November 2022), completely redrawn and revised. This Atlas has been conceived and painstakingly created by Samit Roychoudhury, a design professional and railfan.
This edition also includes the Bangladesh railway network
Inside, you will find
- 90 pages of full colour maps, of 1 : 1,000,000 scale, referenced by a locator map.
- Accurate alignments and locations.
- Approximately 13,000 locations, including existing and closed stations, sidings, control locations etc indexed and with their respective station codes. Divisional and zonal headquarters identified.
- Almost every closed line and station depicted.
- A majority of sidings and industrial lines indicated.
- Tracks show gauge, whether single or double, electrification, etc. Divisional jurisdiction shown using markings.
- Most works in progress including new lines, gauge conversions, electrification, including those under survey, etc.
- All Facilities such as Locomotive Sheds, EMU/DMU car-sheds, important Freight Yards, Goods Sheds, Container Terminals, Accident Relief Train locations marked.
- With 46 detailed inset maps of complex areas.
- With 13 inset maps of the cities with Metro systems.
- Separate Narrow Gauge Map of Bengal.
- Glossary of name/spelling changes.
- Single spread At-a-Glance Map of entire system, showing the jurisdiction of the various zones.
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Alignment marked.
- Gap in map near the binding so details do not get cut off.
What’s Changed over the Third Edition
- Completely updated, from newly traced alignments.
- Inclusion of the railway network of Bangladesh.
- Less clutter and uniform colour scheme for increased clarity. All functional lines in black to allow better printability and clarity.
- Metro Railway maps shown for all locations that have networks in operation or under construction.
FOURTH EDITION, 2022 by Samit Roychoudhury 1 : 1 100 000 scale ISBN 978-93-5655-936-3 Price: India INR 900 UK £ 29.99, US $ 39.99 Shipping & Handling extra
Total pages: 132
Approx Weight: 350 gm, 12.35 oz.
Approx Size: 280 x 211 mm, 11.0″ x 8.35″
90 pp of 4 colour maps, 7 pp of supplementary maps, etc.
27 pp index and glossary.
Softbound, laminated cover.
Pages open flat.
Buyers in India
Pay using Credit / Debit Card / Netbanking / UPI and Wallets
INR 900 per copy
Free Shipping within India.
Other Payment Modes
Customers in India who would like to pay by NEFT, Wallet or UPI please follow steps and submit orderform below. Please transfer correct amount to the following bank account:
A/c Name: Samit Roychoudhury
A/c No: 003401510757
Bank & Branch: ICICI Bank, Ballygunge Branch A/c type: Savings Bank
IFSC Code: ICIC0000034.
Fill in the order form below. Please include your name on the transaction reference for identification while making the NEFT transfer. Orders will be executed only after funds are received.
Buyers outside India
Zone 1 UK, USA, Canada, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Europe (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland).
USD 39.99 per copy + USD 16.00 S&H for first copy, every subsequent copy S&H USD 4.00 extra.
Zone 2 Rest of Europe, Russia, South America, Rest of the World.
USD 39.99 per copy + USD 30.00 S&H for first copy, every subsequent copy S&H USD 7.00 extra.