The Great Indian Railway Atlas
A detailed series of maps of one of the world's largest railway systems, with accurate track alignments, up-to-date information on track status, facilities, etc.
The Atlas, popular with railfans, travellers and map-lovers alike in India and abroad is now in it's third edition (released October 2015), completely redrawn and revised.
This Atlas has been conceived and painstakingly created in its entirety by Samit Roychoudhury, a design professional and railfan
With forewords by:
Mr Mark Tully, KBE
Mr David Barrie, Chairman, DHRS
Inside, you will find
- 94 pages of full colour maps, of 1 : 1,000,000 scale, referenced by a locator map.
- Accurate alignments and locations.
- Approximately 12,000 locations, including existing and closed stations, sidings, control locations etc indexed and with their respective station codes. Divisional and zonal headquarters identified.
- Almost every closed line and station depicted.
- A majority of sidings and industrial lines indicated.
- Tracks show gauge, whether single or double, electrification, etc. Metre and Narrow gauge in a separate colour for easy differentiation. Divisional jurisdiction shown using markings.
- Most works in progress including new lines, gauge conversions, electrification, including those under survey, etc.
- All Facilities such as Locomotive Sheds (electric, diesel and steam), EMU/DMU car-sheds, important Freight Yards, Goods Sheds, Container Terminals, Accident Relief Train locations marked.
- With approx. 23 detailed inset maps (mostly 5x scale) of complex areas.
- With 9 inset maps of the cities with Metro systems.
- Separate Narrow Gauge Map of Bengal.
- Glossary of name/spelling changes.
- Single spread At-a-Glance Map of entire system, showing the jurisdiction of the various zones. This page also contains a submap showing the extent of electric traction on the Indian Railways.
- A Railfan's Map which has all locations with Railway Museums, Galleries, Heritage Parks, Railway locations under the UNESCO Word Heritage Site, as well as plinthed and preserved locomotives.
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Alignment marked.
What's Changed over the Second Edition
- Completely updated.
- Larger pages - 280 x 215 mm.
- Larger scale maps - 1: 1,000,000 instead of 1:1,500,000.
- Unessential background data such as roads, airports, etc have been removed to allow increased clarity. All lines in single colour scheme to allow better printability and clarity. Industrial lines, metre & narrow gauge lines and DFC in a different colour,
- Divisional Jurisdiction is shown by limit marks and text, instead of colour.
- More accurate alignments and locations and corrected junctional directions.
- Metro Railway maps shown for all locations that have networks in operation or under construction.
- Railfan's Map.
Customers within India
Customers outside India
Please click on your country to choose correct button. Please ensure you include your phone number on the PayPal order page.
- UK, USA, Canada, Asia, Europe (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland). USD 39.99 + USD 21.00 S&H for first copy, every subsequent copy S&H USD 3.25 extra.
- Zone 2 - Australia, New Zealand. USD 39.99 + USD 23.00 S&H for first copy, every subsequent copy S&H USD 4.85 extra.
- Zone 3 - Rest of Europe, Russia, South America, Rest of the World. USD 39.99 + USD 38.00 S&H for first copy, every subsequent copy S&H USD 9.00 extra.
50% OFF on Seconds Copies
Customers within India - Seconds Copies
Rs 350 + s&h per copy. Limited stocks.
- Seconds copies refers to unused copies of the Atlas which have mostly very minor damage.
- The irregularities are mostly, but not limited to the cover, and is in the form of dust, and / or bends, creases, smudges, etc.
- The pages are all there, and the copies are very much usable.
- Most often, there are no blemishes on the pages inside.
- These are being sold in as in condition and no requests for replacements will be entertained.
- These are for sale within India only.
- The price is Rs 350 per copy plus Rs 50 shipping per copy.
- The price is valid till stocks last.
Customers in India who would like to pay by cheque, NEFT etc please CLICK HERE.
THIRD EDITION, 2015
by Samit Roychoudhury
1 : 1 100 000 scale
India INR 700
UK £ 24.99, US $ 39.99
Shipping & Handling extra
Total pages: 128
Approx Weight: 365 gm, 12.88 oz.
280 x 215 mm, 11.0" x 8.5"
105 pp of 4 colour maps
Support maps, etc.
23 pp index and glossary.
Softbound, laminated cover.
Pages open flat.